Good evening. As I become more into blogging, one thing has become clear. One can get entangled in blog hopping. Anyway, I jumped on a chance to enter a contest from another blogger. This forced me to get off the sofa and work on one of my manuscripts. I found myself "cutting" over 100 words from my draft. This was liberating. I know that Stephen King calls it "killing your babies" in his book, On Writing. I prefer a less harsh term. Regardless, it amounts to the same thing. It truly gets easier the more you do it. I recommend trying this. The best way is to just do it when it makes sense.
I hope this helps you get started cutting away. The more work you do now is less work for the editor which relates to better chances for publication.
Take care,
PB
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment